Why should I buy medical marijuana vs. marijuana off the street?
If you suffer from an ailment you can be comforted in knowing that the medical marijuana has gone through a rigorous processing to ensure its quality and purity and that no contaminants have been included in its making. You can not get that type of assurance with a street vendor. Furthermore, our staff will be highly trained and well versed on various strains of marijuana so that they can recommend the best product for your ailments or condition.
What does science say about medical marijuana?
Science has shown us that marijuana has been studied extensively and has demonstrated therapeutic benefits for users with various conditions and chronic ailments. If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of medical marijuana Americans for Safe Access has a plethora of information and resources for your continued learning. GLC is committed to keeping patients up to date with the latest information and advancements in medical marijuana.
Where will the marijuana come from?
GLC’s medical marijuana will come from one of the few licensed and approved DC cultivation centers. The cultivation centers are regulated by the DC Department of Health to ensure product safety.
Where can I use medical marijuana?
Medical Marijuana cannot be used or consumed at the dispensary. It must be used in the qualifying patients home or a medical facility that permits medical marijuana use on site.
What medical conditions are covered by medical marijuana?
Per DC Department of Health guidelines qualifying medical conditions for the use of medical marijuana include but are not limited to HIV/AIDS, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, cancer, or any other condition, as determined by rulemaking that is, chronic or long-lasting; debilitating or interferes with basic life functions or a serious medical condition for which the use of medical marijuana is beneficial. For more information see the DC Regulations.
Why should I choose GLC?
GLC Core Values
- Highest-Quality Medical Marijuana Preparations – we offer only safe, high-quality medicinal products subject to careful selection, processing and, where feasible, testing by an independent lab.
- Compassion – serving our patients professionally with sensitivity to their needs in a clean environment where they feel safe and secure.
- Responsiveness – in our dealings with our patients, employees, lenders and the community.
- Transparency – our financial data is regularly reviewed by an independent accounting firm.
- Community Service – conducting varied and ongoing outreach activities to serve the needs of patients and others in our community.
- Education – providing facts and information to help people understand the responsible and effective use of medical marijuana.
- Being a “Good Neighbor” – by working with the community, the city and police department as a responsible service provider.
What are the different types of marijuana?
There are several different strains. Please see our Marijuana 101 section for more information.
What type of security measures are you taking?
There will be armed guards at GLC’s facility to protect patrons at all times. We will also have visual monitoring systems at all entrances, exits, parking areas, and inside the facility.
Will my privacy be protected?
Yes. GLC will maintain strict patient records. Your identity and patient status in the medical marijuana program will never be disclosed without your authorization. Legislation and strict rules and guidelines protect the privacy of patient records including the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996.
How much medical marijuana can a patient purchase?
Patients can only purchase up to 4 ounces within any 30-day period and are not permitted to possess any more than that amount at any one time.